By now, I’m sure every make up lover has heard of strobing! Not a fan of contouring? Well, strobing is your new best friend. It is a current trend, even though it has been around for years. What exactly is strobing you ask? Strobing is highlighting the areas of your face that you want to bring attention towards. Basically it is the opposite of contouring, which let’s you add shadows to your face.
After a while of collecting shadows and eventually having tons; there had to be a storage solution. Some of the MAC eyeshadows only come in the containers. Depotting eyeshadow has made my life so much simpler. I’m able to get a magnetic eyeshadow case from MAC or Z Palette and then depot the shadows to create my own palettes! Here it goes:
This is smokey eye is one of my favorites. It’s a lot easier than it looks. Let me know what you think!
Here are the steps:
1) Start off by priming your lid. I use the MAC Cosmetics paint pot in soft ocre.
2) I used ‘Black’ from the Lorac Cosmetics Pro Palette on the outer corner and inner corner. I use ‘Noir’ from the Tamanna Palette on the outer corner to darken the black.
3) I used ‘Espresso’ from the Pro Palette to blend the black into the middle of the lid.
4) I used ‘Pewter’ from the Pro Palette in the middle of the lid mixed with ‘Garnet’. On top of that I added ‘Gilded’ from the Tamanna Palette.
6) In the crease I used ‘Bengal’ from the Tamanna Palette + ‘Mauve’ from the Pro Palette. I added these colors on my lower lash as well.
7) On the brow bone, I use ‘Fresh’ from the Tamanna Palette
8) I drew a thin eyeliner starting from the back to the inner corner using precision eyeliner by Motives Cosmetics
9) I finished off with Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha
10) Brows were done by Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Brunette